Find a Property to Buy
Find a Property to Rent
Introduction and Scope
The use of ‘we’ ‘our’ or ‘us’ refers to Jackie Oliver & Co, the trading name of Jacqueline Anne Oliver and Charlotte Anne Cartwright Borton Berry whose offices are at 148 Watling Street East, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 6DB
We want to give you the best Jackie Oliver & Co experience possible. We use personal information you share with us to make our services and your experience even better. We understand that individuals are concerned to know that their personal data will not be used for any other purpose and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. This privacy statement aims to give you a clear view of how we use personal information that you provide, our dedication to protecting it, your rights and the options you have to control your personal information and protect your privacy. It also outlines what personal information we collect about you when you visit our offices or website- both information that could identify you and information that could not – and how we use that information and the third parties we will share it with. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, please tell us.
Who collects your personal information?
Jackie Oliver & Co controls the processing of any personal information collected through telephone interaction, face to face contact and marketing cookies used on the website.
What personal information?
“Personal information” is any information that relates to you and identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us. Jackie Oliver & Co will collect various types of personal information. When you use and services we will ask for personal information (at the moment of collection we will explain what information is required in order for us to provide the particular service, and what information you may choose to provide), such as:
- your name, telephone number, postal address, e-mail address, together with an overview of the property you are looking for and your position in terms of ability to proceed with and fund a purchase/let if you wish to be registered to receive property details
- your employment details and credit history, your date of birth and/or confirmation that you are above a certain age, residential status and previous address history if you are making an application to rent a property
- your tax status, postal address and payment details to receive income on a property we let for you;
- your email-address when signing up for our newsletter or marketing information;
- photographic and residency identification to comply with legislation;
- a record of our correspondence with you if you have been in contact with us
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We will also collect personal information about you when you interact with our office or website and how you use it.
When you call our office, we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our service. Our systems log all incoming and outgoing calls. We reserve the right to record telephone calls for security and training purposes.
When you send a message, through our website or by email, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business. We may keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address.
A visit to our websites results in data being sent from your browser to our servers. We will collect personal information in this way, such as:
- your IP address;
- the date and time of the visit and how long you remained on our website;
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has come);
- the pages visited on our website; and
- information about the device and browser (e.g., browser type and version, operating system).
- Cookies. These are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Most of the information we collect about you will be personal information that you have voluntarily provided to us, for example, through our website or direct contact with us. Other sources from whom we may obtain your personal information include:
- Third parties (such as credit reference agencies, law enforcement/regulatory bodies, and companies providing commercially available databases etc.). Some of these third-party sources may include publicly-available sources of information.
How is your personal information used
We will explain what information is needed to offer the service and where required, we will request your explicit consent to use personal information and not process data which requires your consent before having received such consent. The personal information we collect from the above other sources listed above will be used in the format that it is received, or, where appropriate, will be combined with personal information we obtain from other internal or external sources. We use and analyse this personal information where necessary for the following purposes detailed below:
- Improving our service: we will use your personal information to build a profile on you in order to understand how you use our services, to develop and improve our more services, to improve our website, as well as to personalise services we offer you. We process your personal information in this way as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing better services for you and our other customers.
- Selling or letting a property: we use relevant personal information described above (including but not limited to your name, address, employment and bank details) to process your application, meet statutory regulations and property ombudsman code of conduct to establish your legitimacy prior to selling or letting a property for you.
- Processing your lettings application: we use relevant personal information described above (including but not limited to your name, address, employment and bank details) to process your application, meet statutory regulations and property ombudsman guidelines and to notify you of the status and outcome of your application. We will also use your personal information to assess your suitability, creditworthiness and to prevent fraud. For this purpose, we may need to share your personal information with our credit rating providers (see “how we share your personal information” below). This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we are not the victim of fraud and to protect our legal rights set out in the Terms and Conditions.
- Making an offer on a property: we use relevant personal information described above (including but not limited to your name, address, ID and financial arrangements and related property transaction information) to meet statutory regulations and property ombudsman code of conduct to process your offer, and to notify you of the status and outcome of your offer.
- Preventing fraud: we will also use your personal information to assess your creditworthiness and to prevent fraud. For this purpose, we may need to share your personal information with our credit rating providers (see “how we share your personal information” below). This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we are not the victim of fraud and to protect our legal rights set out in the Terms and Conditions.
- Customer support: if you contact us we will use personal information such as your name, address and property information to provide you with the best service possible. We will process your personal information in this way if it is necessary for the performance of a contract with Jackie Oliver & Co or if it is required for us to comply with any legal obligations. If it is not necessary to process your personal data for either of these reasons we will process it as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we can provide the best service possible.
- Online account: if you choose to create an online property account, we will only process your personal data to allow you to securely login and access that service.
- Marketing: when you sign up to receive marketing information from Jackie Oliver & Co we will use your personal information to create a profile based on the information we hold about you. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we have accurate information about you in one place. We create your profile in accordance with your preferences in order to provide you with the best personalised service, to send you personalised marketing messages and newsletters.
- What kind of information: the way you interact with us through our website, marketing messages or directly with our office and the information we collect in that regard from provides us valuable information about your interests and preferences, giving us the opportunity to offer you the best service possible. To learn about you and your interests, we analyse your interactions with us using various kinds of information, as set out above, ensuring that we provide you the most appropriate offers for services. You can opt-out of us through our digital marketing communications or by contacting us using the contact details set out below. If you have given us your consent to send you marketing communications or if we are permitted by law to send such communications without obtaining your consent, we use the information that you have provided to us when interacting with us for sending you personalised marketing messages about Jackie Oliver & Co services and promotions. In some instances we will also aggregate your personal information with that of other individuals, to create comprehensive reports about how customers use our services, and experience our brand. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in analysing our brand and determining how to improve our services.
- Medium: we will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email, phone, or social media. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, in order to use the contact details you have provided to us to send our personalised marketing communications.
- How: the messages we will send you will be personalised and tailored to your individual preferences and interests. We use analytics in order to generate such personalised messages. These analytics will process your personal information and place you in marketing segments, which determine the content of the messages you will receive from us. These direct marketing messages may contain information about our services, events, or promotions and Jackie Oliver & Co news. We personalise these messages on the basis of that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that we provide the most appropriate information. We will, in certain circumstances, also use the channels for research (such as to learn about your experience and improve your experience with us), by sending you personalised messages.
- Advertising: we also work with non Jackie Oliver & Co companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect personal information about your visits to our websites or apps and your interaction with our communications, including advertising. They will only collect this information to the extent you have consented to the placement of cookies for marketing purposes.
- Conducting analytics: we will use the personal information we hold about you (as well as pseudonymised or anonymised information generated from your personal information) to carry out analysis and research. We carry out all such analysis and research on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding our customers and ensuring that our services meet the needs of our customers. The specific ways in which we carry out this analysis include:
- learn more about our customers and their preferences;
- to identify patterns and trends amongst our customers;
- enhance user experience on our website;
- provide information, content and offerings tailored to our customers’ needs
- for general research and statistical purposes; and
- for aggregated reporting purposes within Jackie Oliver & Co
- develop new services;
- monitor performance of our services and/or improve our technology;
- to be able to send you personalised marketing messages;
- to display online ads to you.
10.Analysing our business: we will use your personal information (including by anonymising and aggregating it with other customers’ personal information) for sales and financial analysis purposes, to determine how Jackie Oliver & Co is performing and where improvements can be made. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding how our business is performing and considering how to improve our performance.
- Complaints: If we receive a complaint, we record all the information which is given to us. We use this information to resolve a complaint. If a complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in the complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give out information, and if we do, what this information is.We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
- Job application and employment: If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.We will ask for your consent if we wish to use your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this privacy statement and as required to do so under applicable law. We will not use your personal information for other purposes before we have received such consent.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We treat your personal information with care and confidentiality and do not share it with third parties other than as set out below:
With service providers
We will share limited the personal information you provide when you sign up for an on-line property account (your name, email address, password and date of birth) with our cloud service providers for the purposes of identification and authentication, so that you can log on to your property account quickly and with the ease and speed you expect from us from any location. You are not obligated to register for an online property account and this service is not available to all users.
We will also share your personal information as necessary and only for the purposes and on the lawful grounds described above with various third parties who process your personal information on our behalf, such as third parties that run our, hosting, payment, credit scoring agencies and in the case where you are a tenant selected approved contractors as may be required to be engaged to fulfill a landlord’s contractural obligations. We require that these service providers and other third parties adhere to strict rules when processing your personal information, including to only use your personal information in accordance with Jackie Oliver & Co instructions and the applicable laws.
With social networks
Our website and digital marketing will, in certain circumstances, provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network such as Facebook or Twitter (for example by registering an account), your activity on our website or via our apps will also be made available to that social network. This is necessary for the performance of your contract with Jackie Oliver & Co which allows you to interact with a social network. If you are logged in on one of these social networks during your visit to one of our websites or apps or are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, the social network might add this information to your respective profile on this network based on your privacy settings. If you would like to prevent this type of data transfer, please log out of your social network account before you enter one of our websites or apps, or change the app’s privacy settings, where possible. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal information, what rights you have and how you can maintain suitable privacy settings for your needs.
With legal and law enforcement
Jackie Oliver & Co will disclose personal information where required by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interest, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies, to protect and defend Jackie Oliver & Co’s property and legal rights, to protect the personal safety of Jackie Oliver & Co website or (mobile) app users or by order of a valid injunction from a court or law enforcement agency.
With your consent
We will share your personal information with other third parties (different from those described above, for example, solicitors, mortgage brokers, contractors or when you decide to connect our devices with third party devices) in other limited circumstances. In these instances, we will where required by applicable law, obtain your consent to share your personal information in this way.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting your personal information and implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect it against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information for two years from your last interaction with us, such as the date you last in some way contacted or interacted, unless a longer or shorter retention period is required by law, is necessary in the course of legal proceedings or is otherwise needed for a particular purpose under applicable law and for the provision to Government and their agencies.
The following are examples to illustrate how Jackie Oliver & Co keeps your personal information for as long as necessary for a particular purpose:
- we may keep your personal information collected during a sale/purchase or letting for as long as required by tax laws (6 years);
- we may keep your personal information collected during a letting for as long as required by immigration laws (12 months after the end of a tenancy);
- we may keep your personal information for a shorter period if you ask us to delete your personal information. In such a case, we will aim to delete your personal information within a maximum period of one month from the date of the request;
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless stated otherwise, we store and process your personal information in the European Union.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
We do not intentionally collect personal information about children under the agae of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected personal information about children under the age of 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible, except where we are required by applicable law to keep it.
Where we know a child is above the age of 13, but considered a minor under applicable law, we will obtain parental/guardian consent prior to using that child’s personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Our websites may contain links to third party websites, and some of our services provide you with access to third party services (such as social networks).
We have no control over how third-party websites and services process your personal information. We do not review third party websites and services, and we are not responsible for such third-party websites and services or their privacy practices. Please read the privacy statements of any third-party websites or services that you access from our websites or services.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fair play and transparency are important to us. We are open about the personal information we collect and have implemented mechanisms to enable you to exercise any rights you might have with respect to your personal information.
Where we have obtained your consent in relation to any matter in relation to your personal information (e.g. your consent to receiving direct marketing messages or your consent to the placement of cookies on your device), you can withdraw this consent at any time by contact us using the contact details set out below or changing your cookie settings.
Access to, deletion and correction of personal information
If you have registered a property account with us, you can access your personal information online. If any personal information we have about you is not accessible through our website, you can send us a request for access to this information at no cost using the contact details set out at the end of this privacy statement.
After receiving your request and sufficient information to verify your identity we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we have about you which you are entitled to have under applicable law. We will also confirm the purposes for which such personal information is being used, its recipients and the origin of the information.
You may write to us at any time requesting amendments to certain personal information that you consider to be incorrect or irrelevant or to request that we block, erase or otherwise remove your personal information. You may also write to us at any time to object to our use of your personal information, restrict our use of your personal information, or request that we provide your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit to a third party (right to data portability). We will comply with these requests in relation to your personal information in line with applicable law.
Opting out and unsubscribing from marketing messages
All our marketing communications contain an easy way to opt out from receiving future messages, such as a link through which you can unsubscribe. You may also opt out for particular channels (for example email or SMS) as indicated in the message received.
If you would like to opt out of receiving Jackie Oliver & Co marketing messages you may use the unsubscribe link contained in the messages you have received, or alternatively you could contact us directly: www.jackie-oliver.co.uk
Jackie Oliver & Co, 148 Watling Street East, Towcester NN12 6DB
Data controller by email at : email@example.com
Note that if you choose to opt out of receiving marketing messages in the manner explained above, we will continue to process your personal information, in particular to allow us to understand your preferences, but we will stop using your personal information to send you personalised or non-personalised marketing messages. If you would like us to stop such processing in part or in full, we have explained how to do this in the above paragraph.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Jackie Oliver & Co is committed to adhere to the fundamental principles of privacy and data protection. We therefore regularly review our online privacy statement in order to ensure that it is free of errors and clearly visible on our website, that it contains appropriate information about your rights and our processing activities, and that it is implemented and is compliant with applicable law. We may update this privacy statement from time to time to keep it up to date, to keep pace with new developments and opportunities relating to the Internet and to stay in line with applicable law. If we make significant changes to this privacy statement, we will inform you by posting a notification on our website and/or through our digital marketing media together with an updated version of the privacy statement
If you have any questions about our use of your personal information, how to exercise your rights or about our privacy statement you are welcome to contact us at the address and email above.